7 TRUE FACTS ABOUT MUD DAUBER WASP :
– The black and yellow mud dauber is one of mud daubers in the family Sphecidae.
– Its a long and slender wasp.
– It builds its nest from mud, hence the name.
– The nest is composed of a series of cylindrical shells, with one egg in each shell.
– Mud dauber is non-aggressive and its stings are very uncommon.
– A mud dauber lays its egg on the prey, like spider, and then seals it into the mud nest.
– Life cycle – Egg to larvae (grub/worm-like) to pupae (cocoon) and then an adult.
More info :